Samsung Galaxy S III Deals on OzBargain
Yes, it is here. Samsung Galaxy S III, one of the most highly anticipated phone launch so far this year, has arrived in Australia this morning. As usual, keen OzBargains have already been discussing SGS3′s release since early this month, and the best way to track best deals on Samsung Galaxy S III is keeping an eye on it’s product page on OzBargain. So far 6 deals have been posted, 3 from this morning.
- Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB for $726.95 delivered from TopBuy, grey-imported somewhere from Asia. Cheapest
in Australiafrom an Australian merchant (so far), and I doubt the price even includes GST.
- Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB for £443.39 delivered from Handtec, which makes it ~AUD$707. That’s the cheapest posted on OzBargain so far.
- Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB for $64/month for 12 months on Vodafone’s CAP29 plan. That comes down to $768 from Vodafone retail, or $728 from Vodafone website (when you also apply for $100 cashback from Buckscoop). Not the cheapest, but you do get a year worth of calls + data.
- $798 from Allphones. Not too bad I guess, but then many have been burnt from their $200 voucher promotion last year, and the sour taste does linger on.
- $82/month on Telstra 24 Months contract. That’s probably closer to winning the “most expensive” award. You do get NextG network, but not Telstra’s 4G LTE.
Looking at how much Android phones have been losing their values since release — Samsung Galaxy Nexus $828 last December and $408 this week from the same vendor — I won’t be surprised that SGS3 also drop to around $500 mark in 3-4 months, and it’s still likely to remain Samsung’s Hero Phone then. So, spend $700+ and enjoy it now, or $500+ and enjoy it a few months down the track? You decide :)