OzBargain Newsletter – Have You Subscribed?
Almost 4 years ago I blogged about OzBargain’s RSS statistics. The conclusion? Email is king. 4 years later email still rules, despite the wealth of options people get notified these days (Facebook, Twitter, iPhone apps, etc). OzBargain daily newsletter has been powered by Google’s FeedBurner since pretty much the beginning. However there were some issues:
- It lists out all the deals, and usually only the last 10 deals posted (where we get ~50 deals posted a day).
- Only deals, and OzBargain is more than just a list of deals.
- Not much you can do with turning the look and feel.
So for the last couple of months we have been developing our own in-house email newsletter solution, which moocher announced in August. If you do not have an account on OzBargain (what?!!!), you can still sign up to the new OzBargain newsletter from the front page — the sign up box is on the right hand side under Subscribe to Our Daily Newsletter. However if you are a logged in user, you can go to Settings – newsletter for more fine tuning.
- Top deals posted over the last 24 hours.
- New forum posts
- New comments in your commented posts (registered users only)
- Deal reminders (registered user only)
Delivery started at 7AM Sydney time every morning so you can check out some of the best deals before work :)